Whether for client engagements, public research or collaboration with Which?, Context's Research team has looked at the security of a range of different connected devices, including devices aimed at the consumer, enterprise and industrial markets.
These devices or systems may have a combination of mobile, hardware, radio and cloud components, so getting them all working securely together can be tricky. Whilst there is a lot of variety in the kinds of security issues we find, there are some mistakes that come up again and again.
In this webinar, Scott Lester, Principal Researcher at Context, will give an overview of how connected devices can be built securely.
Topics will be include:
- An overview of the current state of the security of connected devices.
- How to build secure connected devices.
- What we should expect of the manufacturers and suppliers of connected devices.
Who should attend?
This webinar will benefit:
- Managers and developers of connected devices, including consumer, enterprise and IoT;
- IT security managers interested in the security of different devices on their network;
- Product owners and developers interested in building more secure products;
- People who are interested in how we've hacked different kinds of devices.
Scott Lester, Principal Resarcher at Context, has been working in security for close to fifteen years, the last four of which have been in Context's Research team, where he's responsible for our Product Security Evaluation Service.