Use cases include:
- DNS Forwarding Server – Monitor all of the network’s requests via a Web UI.
- Red Teams – Identify sandboxes, restrict access to known IP ranges, and monitor phishing domains. Also, integrate with SIEM solutions for better visibility of network activities.
- DNS Tunnel – Log all DNS requests and egress data from restricted environments.
- Let’s Encrypt – Make use of the DNS Challenge using the API or the CLI interface.
- Canary Tokens – Get a notification every time a specific domain is resolved.
Some of its features include:
- Web Interface
- Support for MySQL/Postgres/SQLite
- Catch-all Domains
- Unmatched Record Forwarding
- IP Restrictions
- Notifications via E-mail, Web Push, Slack, and Teams
- Multi-user, 2FA, and LDAP support
- Database and CSV logging
- API / Swagger 2.0
- CLI Interface
- Tags, Aliases, Import/Export
For more information about installing and using SnitchDNS, details about features and use cases, see the project page at https://github.com/ctxis/SnitchDNS