WHAT IS WEB APP TESTING?
Web application penetration testing aims to identify security vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to gain access to sensitive data or disrupt the operational performance of an application or website.
During a web app test, Context will follow our detailed methodology for penetration testing, aligned to industry good practice such as the OWASP testing guide. In addition, Context offers supplemental testing armed by our own research into application security vulnerabilities and reputation for exposing security flaws.
THIS GENERALLY INCLUDES:
- Testing the authentication process for weaknesses that could allow an attacker to gain unauthorized access to authenticated areas of the application
- Testing authorization to identify permission weaknesses around access to functionality or data
- Ensuring that encryption is robust
- Assessing the application for vulnerabilities that could be exploited to manipulate database queries, change the content of pages, or run operating system commands
- Confirming the secure configuration and build of server environments
CONTEXT’S WEB APP TESTING ALLOWS YOU TO
- Uncover vulnerabilities and insecure functionality within your web apps
- Identify security risks, including the OWASP Top 10
- Complete multiple test scenarios, including authenticated app testing and API testing