WHAT IS EXPLOITATION?
During the exploitation stage of a red team assessment, the team takes advantage of the information identified in previous phases with the goal of overcoming or bypassing the organization’s defenses and establishing a presence on identified systems or networks. This can include exploiting software vulnerabilities to compromise servers, apps or networks, bypassing physical controls and using social engineering against target employees.
EXAMPLES OF EXPLOITATION TECHNIQUES CONTEXT TYPICALLY USES DURING A RED TEAM ENGAGEMENT INCLUDE:
- Phishing campaign
- Smishing (SMS based phishing)
- Vishing (voice based phishing)
- Creation and attachment of custom payloads
- Code execution & established presence on the network
- Watering hole attack
- USB Drop
CONTEXT’S RED TEAM SERVICES ALLOW YOU TO:
- Identify risks and exploit weaknesses in your physical and cyber defenses
- Mimic real world attacker TTPs to attempt to compromise your organization
- Utilize a multi-layered attack approach for maximum impact
Download our red teaming services flyer for more information: